Hmmmm thinking cap…
I’ve got this craving for tiny little Blinis. Well it’s yup you guessed it like a pancake but not sweet like a pancake. Let’s savory it up a bit. So here you go! 3, 2, 1 cook!
* Pancake mix ( I prefer Crackerbarrel for its consistency)- follow instructions for a serving of 6.
* Chopped Basil- use food processor – 6 leaves
* 3 thinly sliced Prosciutto (chopped)
* Add chopped basil and chopped prosciutto to the batter
Melt butter in a non-stick pan and cook the blinis like you would pancakes.
Set aside when done.
For the topping – Spinach, Sundried and Pecan Pesto
Place the following in a food processor and chop thoroughly. (see illustration)
* 4 sundried tomatoes
* Crispy baked proscuitto*
* Olive oil
* salt/ pepper to taste
Take a blini and top with the spinach, sundried and pecan pesto.
Garnish with crispy toasted prosciutto and mozzarella. * (note, you an also melt the mozzarella after you’ve put it together- see illustration)
* To crisp prosciutto: Preheat 400 degrees;
Line pan with parchment and place the prosciutto over it. Place in the oven until crisp.
There you have it!